[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 571: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 627: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1075: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 1075: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5336: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
interviews - Gridiron 3 Forum

Gridiron 3 Forum

G3C : The Gridiron3 Community Forum
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:57 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
 Post subject: interviews
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:51 am 
Highschooler

League: GFL
Team: Salem Witchcraft
Who's in for an interview

ME

Post subject: Re: interviews
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:38 pm 
Referee

Team: Arizona Gunslingers
Hi Todd. I only just saw this post, hadn't realised I sent a mail out a few hours after you posted this here.

Conference Membership: Great8 S16-S17, ECC S18-22, AAC S23-

Post subject: Re: interviews
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:34 am 
Rookie

Team: Birmingham Pistols
Managed to miss the S26 Interview deadline due to RL events. Cant even get to the questions lol, but here's my answers anyway:

Thanks Conrad, it's great to have the chance to compete in the GFL, especially the AFC West, and it's going to be a real challenge. I've been a long-suffering Vikings fan since the 1980s, when I started following the sport as a teenager listening to games on a crackling radio late at night, now its watching live games on tablet or phone. Of course back then and now the Vikings still manage to lose the important games! I work from home here in Kidderminster as a software developer for a linguistics company based in Horsham, near Philadelphia. And my US colleagues just wont let me forget about those Eagles!

Well it's early days so we'll have to see how it goes in the GFL. I really enjoyed my time in the Atlantic and the creative work done there by the coaches is just amazing, notable Mark and Q. As for competing in the AFC West, it is certainly a mighty undertaking, and I'm hoping to have at least some success and avoid long losing streaks (like Gregg). I've had a warm welcome and already know quite a few coaches through the college game, but I'm sure I'll get to know more as the season starts. After all it's the coaches and the interaction that makes this game so enjoyable. When I first looked at the Pistols I was a little dissappointed by the lack of quality players, but they had a great young deep passing QB so I'm excited to develop that further and continue the Pistols passing tradition.

Coming up with a team to beat the Wraiths is the obvious goal, but seeing as Gregg and Gary haven't done too well at this I'm not under-estimating the task. It will take some serious hard work to get it all sorted. My previous teams have always been good teams every year similar to the Pistols, but never quite good enough to win bowls so I'm going to take some serious thought into how that can be changed and develop a team to win it all rather than just continually getting to the playoffs. I'm using this season to build the team up and hopefully it will all become a lot clearer as the season progresses.

Very happy with the Pistols trading and draft. What a draft to walk into, I usually trade away future picks to bolster my team, so to have high round picks in possibly the best GLF draft ever, was just amazing. Coach Hilton had scouted SS Minos so to get him in the first round was surprising, I didnt think he would drop down to 11th. He will be an outstanding player. I really wasnt expecting to get DE Keswick in the 2nd either but he was just too good a player to pass up, and he will make a great DE pairing with DE Smith. Virtually all the other rookies were top of my wanted list and we didnt just lose out on anyone (as usually happens), so very happy indeed. I found the trading a good experience, perhaps not quite as busy as the Atlantic, but I got some young players to fill important gaps in my roster, notably RB Laser, WR Falconii, ILB Shine and NB Wuo, so the new young Pistols are looking in good shape.

Not surprised by the Training Camp report. This is a young team, I've brought the average age way down without affecting the average level too much, and now I'm building for future success, so this season is pretty much written off from the start. I'll still be planning to win every game but know that the team is currently under strength to compete with all but the weakest of teams.

Sounds about right, but taking into account I'm in the AFC West it's more like 0% chance of making the playoffs.

Obviously QB Erickson is the offensive leader (although too young to be an actual team leader) and will be leading the offense for many years to come. Hopefully young RB Laser will step up and provide some much needed running support in the future. On defense the leaders will be spread around a bit more, SS Minos will lead the secondary, and ILB Shine the linebackers, and DEs Smith and Keswicke on the defensive line. All those players are very young so all will be coached up into real stars for future seasons.

I agree with Coach Moore, a strong run line offense with deep passing attack is probably the toughest to defend, and luckily I've never had to defend against that. I've usually had to focus on stopping great short passing teams using 3-4 defense and 3-3-NB but with very good ILBs, NT and NB. However with the Pistols I've got some quick young DEs, so were going to concentrate on getting real pressure on opposing QBs.

I enjoy the whole team building aspect, but of course the game-planning and watching the games too. I think their should be much more transparency with trading, why not show players age and level details in trades if they have already been available to everyone on the trade boards? Then trading history could be listed and everyone could track previous trades and easily get a feel for a league's previous trades rather than passing around old trade board spreadsheets. Also I think the Free Agency needs changing too with perhaps an auction system like for staff.

The AFC is going to be very tough with the Wraiths, Armadillos, Raiders, Gunslingers and Pirates all having a shot at the Conference title, but I see the Wraiths and Raiders fighting for that AFC title. In the NFC its not very clear who will step up to take the conference but I'm going to go for the Bulls and Hawks. Thanks for the questions Conrad, and good luck to everyone!

Manchester Red Storm (GCAA-DSC) - S15 onwards
Birmingham Red Bulls (GFLE-BFC South) - S12-S20

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]  [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable